Friday, April 30, 2010

India Trip - Bangalore


After experiencing a 20 hour flight, the one from Mumbai to B'lore was a piece of cake. To make it even better, there were a couple of Bollywood celebrities in our flight. We even got a pic with one of them - Konkona Sen


After we landed, it was like deja vu. I was greeted with love and warmth again. But this time by my maternal family - Ars (Aryan - my cousin bro), Ammamma, Nanu, Vellyamma (Mamma's Sis) and Vellyachchan.
Unlike the apartments that I've always lived in, both my Vellyachchan and Nanu stay in independent houses which meant I had the luxury of being stubborn about taking me out for walks whenever I wished for.


Just as my Appachi had predicted, within no time myself and Ars became inseparable. I just didnt feel I was meeting him for the first time. He's such a caring and sharing elder brother.

On April 15th we celebrated our New Year - Vishu. It started with the Vishu Kani first thing in the morning followed by getting a lot of money from all my elders as Vishu Kayineetam :) We had lunch in the traditional Malayalee way.

To add to the importance of the great day, Mamma's Ammamma (my GreatGranny), Cousin Sister and her son came to see me. It was one of the most blessed moments of my life to be with Mamma's Mamma's Mamma :)
Other than shopping and visting some temples, I mostly stayed in & around my house and had a great time.
I miss you so much Ammamma, Nanu
Ars, Vellyamma & Vellyachcha
 

No comments:

Post a Comment