Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mundan


My blog posting has been irregular since a few weeks due to the paucity of time. I'm enjoying all the pampering, love and attention from my family and relatives here in India.
 
But this one I just cannot miss....


It was a big day for me. Early in the morning I was dressed up in a salwar kameez and we all went to the Balaji Temple.




After the Puja and prayers I was taken to a place just outside the temple. Dadda poured a bit of water on my head after which my achacha held me and showed me some bhow bhows. I was so excited to see them cuz recently I've learnt to say 'Bhow Bhow' when I see dogs :) And those Bhow Bhows kept me so occupied that I didnt even realize there was something going on behind my back.






But once I saw the person who was fiddling with my head and the scissors in his hand I was so frightened and scared that I started weeping badly. I was taken to another place where Achamma and Mamma gave me a quick shower. We went to the temple again but this time there was something missing. I couldnt figure out what though. After the prayers the Pundit put a flower garland on my neck which made me cry even more. Finally we returned home. I was upset and totally lost.



Achacha applied the Sandalwood paste on my head that we got from the temple. It was so good that it managed to bring back my smile :)






Wow...The cooling effect that the Sandalwood has....Ahhhh....




It was only after I looked at the mirror I figured out the big mystery. Surprisingly I was thrilled to see my bald head :)
And this is how I look


No comments:

Post a Comment